The sale of the National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Postgraduate Programme Admission Form has commenced for 2018/2019 Academic Session.
Available Postgraduate Programmes
List of Courses Offered In National Open University of Nigeria
1. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES [PGD]
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
2. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES [M.Sc]
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
3. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- Candidates must possess a good Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or any university recognized by the Senate of NOUN, with a CGPA not below 3.50 on a 5.00 scale. Some Departments may seek higher CGPA, while all Ph.D. candidates will be subjected to oral/written interviews.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
Method of Application
The entire process is electronic and online for 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit https://www.nouonline.net/
- Select Postgraduate Programme
- Go to “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Click “Proceed”
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Pay as follow for NOUN online application forms:
- Postgraduate Programmes N10, 000.00 (ten thousand naira only)
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.